What is MYDAYIS®?
Mydayis (mixed salts of a single-entity amphetamine product) is a prescription medicine for Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) in patients 13 years and older. Mydayis is not for children 12 years and younger.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
Abuse and dependence. Mydayis, other amphetamine containing medicines, and methylphenidate have a high chance for abuse and can cause physical and psychological dependence. Your healthcare provider should check you or your child for signs of abuse and dependence before and during treatment with Mydayis.
Tell your healthcare provider (HCP) if you or your child have ever abused or been dependent on alcohol, prescription medicines, or street drugs. Your HCP can tell you how physical and psychological dependence and drug addiction are different.
Mydayis is a federally controlled substance (CII) because it contains amphetamine that can be a target for people who abuse prescription medicines or street drugs. Keep Mydayis in a safe place to protect it from theft. Never give Mydayis to anyone else, because it may cause death or harm them. Selling or giving away Mydayis may harm others and is against the law.
Please see additional Important Safety Information below.
In order to redeem this offer, you must have a valid prescription for Mydayis. Follow the dosage instructions given by the prescribing doctor. This offer may not be redeemed for cash. By using this offer, you are certifying that you meet the eligibility criteria and will comply with the terms and conditions below. Patients with questions about this offer should call 1-844-492-9895.
Mobile Terms & Conditions
By agreeing to these Mobile Savings Program ("Program") text message terms and conditions, you agree to receive text messages on your mobile device subject to the Terms & Conditions described below. You understand that this consent is not a condition of purchase or use of MYDAYIS or of any Takeda product or service.
- This Program is intended solely for US residents and is governed solely by US laws and government regulations
- Participants will receive an average of 5 text messages each month while enrolled in the Program
- There is no fee payable to Takeda to receive text messages; however, your carrier's message and data rates may apply
- Data obtained from you in connection with your registration for, and use of, this SMS service may include your phone number and/or email address, related carrier information, and elements of pharmacy claim information and will be used to administer this Program and to provide Program benefits such as information about your prescription, refill reminders, as well as Program updates and alerts
- Takeda will not be liable for any delays in the receipt of any SMS messages as delivery is subject to effective transmission from your network operator
- This Program is valid with most major US carriers, including: Verizon Wireless, Sprint, Nextel, Boost, T-Mobile®, AT&T, Alltel, ACS Wireless, Bluegrass Cellular, Carolina West Wireless, CellCom, Cellular One of East Central Illinois (ECIT), Cincinnati Bell, Cricket, CSpire Wireless, Duet IP (AKA Max/Benton/Albany), Element Mobile, Epic Touch, GCI Communications, Golden State, Hawkeye (Chat Mobility), Hawkeye (NW Missouri Cellular), Illinois Valley Cellular (IVC), Inland Cellular, iWireless, Keystone Wireless (Immix/PC Management), MetroPCS, MobiPCS, Mosaic, MTPCS/Cellular One (Cellone Nation), Nex-Tech Wireless, nTelos, Panhandle Telecommunications, Pioneer, Plateau, Revol Wireless, Rina-Custer, Rina-All West, Rina-Cambridge Telecom Coop, Rina-Eagle Valley Comm, Rina-Farmers Mutual Telephone Co, Rina-Nucla Nutria Telephone Co, Rina-Silver Star, Rina-South Central Comm, Rina-Syringa, Rina-UBET, Rina-Manti, Simmetry, South Canaan/CellularOne of NEPA, Thumb Cellular, Union Wireless, United Wireless, U.S. Cellular, Viaero Wireless, Virgin Mobile, West Central Wireless (includes Five Star Wireless). (Names of listed service provider/carriers are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners)
- For T-Mobile customers, T-Mobile is NOT liable for delayed or undelivered messages
- Takeda may be required to contact the user if an adverse event is reported
- Takeda reserves the right to rescind, revoke, or amend the Program without notice at any time
- The information communicated through this Program is not intended to make a diagnosis or to take the place of talking to a US healthcare professional
- While Takeda makes reasonable efforts to include and transmit accurate, up-to-date information for this Program, Takeda makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy. Takeda assumes no liability for any errors or omissions in the content transmitted through this Program.
- You can unsubscribe from the Program by texting STOP to 36395. For questions about this Program, text HELP to 36395
Terms & Conditions
Eligible patients will pay a minimum of $30 and receive up to a maximum of $60 off their co-pay or out-of-pocket expense on each prescription. Patient is responsible for the first $30 and any prescription costs in excess of $90. This offer can be used for up to 30 capsules of MYDAYIS® (mixed salts of a single-entity amphetamine product) Extended-Release Capsules. Offer is valid for up to 60 uses through offer expiry. A valid Prescriber ID# is required on each prescription.
Patient Instructions: In order to redeem this offer, you must have a valid prescription for Mydayis. Follow the dosage instructions given by the prescribing doctor. This offer may not be redeemed for cash. By using this offer, you are certifying that you meet the eligibility criteria and will comply with the terms and conditions set forth in the "Restrictions" section below. Patients with questions about this offer should call 1-844-492-9895.
Pharmacist: When you apply this offer, you are certifying that you are not submitting the claim for this prescription for reimbursement under any federal, state, or other governmental programs. Participation in this offer must comply with all applicable laws and regulations as a pharmacy provider. By participating in this offer, you are certifying that you will comply with the terms and conditions set forth in the "Restrictions" section below.
Pharmacist instructions for a patient paying with an Eligible Third Party Payer: Submit the claim to the primary Third Party Payer first, then submit the balance due to CHANGE HEALTHCARE as a Secondary Payer COB [coordination of benefits] with patient responsibility amount and a valid Other Coverage Code, (e.g. 8). The patient is responsible for the first $30 and the offer pays up to the next $60. Reimbursement will be received from CHANGE HEALTHCARE.
Pharmacist instructions for a cash paying patient: Submit this claim to CHANGE HEALTHCARE. A valid Other Coverage Code (e.g. 1) is required. The patient is responsible for the first $30 and the card pays up to the next $60. Reimbursement will be received from CHANGE HEALTHCARE.
Valid Other Coverage Code required.
For any questions regarding CHANGE HEALTHCARE online processing, please call the Help Desk at 1-800-433-4893.
Restrictions: This offer is valid in the United States. Offer not valid for prescriptions covered by or submitted for reimbursement under Medicaid, a Medicare drug benefit plan, Tricare, or other federal or state health programs (including any state medical assistance program). Cash Discount Cards and other non-insurance plans are not valid as primary under this offer. If the patient is eligible for prescription drug benefits under any such program, the patient cannot use this offer. By using this offer, the patient certifies that he or she will comply with any terms of his or her health insurance contract requiring notification to his or her payer of the existence and/or value of this offer. It is illegal to (or offer to) sell, purchase, or trade this offer. This offer is not transferable and is limited to one offer per person. Offer expires 12/31/2024.
This offer is not valid if reproduced. Void where prohibited by law. Offer program managed by ConnectiveRx on behalf of Shire US Inc., a Takeda company, or its successor. The parties reserve the right to rescind, revoke, or amend this offer without notice at any time.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION (continued)
Who should not take Mydayis?
Do not take Mydayis if you or your child is:
- allergic to amphetamine or any of the ingredients in Mydayis. See Medication Guide for a list of ingredients.
- taking or have taken a medicine for depression (monoamine oxidase inhibitor [MAOI]) within the past 14 days.
Serious problems can occur while taking Mydayis. Tell your HCP:
- if you or your child have heart problems, heart defects, high blood pressure, or a family history of these problems. Sudden death has occurred in people with heart problems or defects taking stimulant medicines. Sudden death, stroke and heart attack have happened in adults taking stimulant medicines. Your HCP should check you or your child carefully for heart problems before starting Mydayis. Since increases in blood pressure and heart rate may occur, your HCP should regularly check these during treatment. Call your HCP or go to the ER right away if you or your child has any signs of heart problems such as chest pain, shortness of breath, or fainting while taking Mydayis.
- if you or your child have mental (psychiatric) problems, or a family history of suicide, bipolar illness, or depression. New or worse behavior and thought problems or new or worse bipolar illness may occur. New psychotic symptoms (such as hearing voices, or seeing or believing things that are not real) or new manic symptoms may occur. Call your HCP right away if you or your child have any new or worsening mental symptoms or problems during treatment, especially hearing voices, seeing or believing things that are not real, or new manic symptoms.
- if your child is having slowing of growth (height or weight). The HCP should check your child's height and weight often while on Mydayis, and may stop treatment if a problem is found. Mydayis is not for children 12 years and younger.
if you or your child have circulation problems in fingers and toes (peripheral vasculopathy, including Raynaud's phenomenon). Fingers or toes may feel numb, cool, painful, sensitive to temperature and/or change color. Call your HCP if you or your child have any of these symptoms or any signs of unexplained wounds appearing on fingers or toes while taking Mydayis.
- if you or your child have a seizure. Your HCP will stop treatment.
- if you or your child have symptoms of serotonin syndrome: agitation, hallucinations, coma, or changes in mental status; problems controlling movements or muscle twitching, stiffness, or tightness; fast heartbeat; sweating or fever; nausea, vomiting or diarrhea. Call your HCP or go to the ER if symptoms occur. Serotonin syndrome may occur if Mydayis is taken with certain medicines and may be life-threatening.
- if you or your child are or become pregnant or plan to become pregnant. It is not known if Mydayis may harm your unborn baby.
- if you or your child are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed. You should not breastfeed while taking Mydayis. Mydayis passes into breast milk.
What should I avoid during Mydayis treatment?
- Avoid drinking alcohol during treatment with Mydayis.
What are possible side effects of Mydayis?
The most common side effects of Mydayis include:
- trouble sleeping
- decreased appetite
- dry mouth
- increased heart rate
- weight loss
For additional safety information, click for Medication Guide and discuss with your healthcare provider.
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
MYDAYIS and the MYDAYIS logo are registered trademarks of Shire LLC, a Takeda company. TAKEDA and the TAKEDA logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited. Copyright © 2019 Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited. All rights reserved. 1-800-828-2088. S52526 11/19